In honor of St. Therese, the Little Flower


On this wonderful saint's feast day, our Little Flowers girls virtue club met and discussed St. Therese of Lisieux and her life. My daughter remarked that when you ask St. Therese for something she brings you a rose..... kinda like Santa!

A lovely craft was planned and then the girls had snacks. We made pumpkin cookies with a little flower of frosting.

In the evening, our church had it's First Friday Mass.

My youngest son is training to serve Father at the altar, like his older brothers. My husband is his trainer.

Last night he got to light the candles....

The next morning, as is tradition, we had our First Saturday in October Pumpkin Pancakes with hot apple cider sauce!

October is here! A month of many wonderful saints, colorful happenings outdoors...there is so much to appreciate....my favorite time of the year.

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot

Tonight...first bonfire...
and marshmellow roast!


The glow begins.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful. St. Therese does in deed send a rose! Your group is so big! I'd love to get one started here. I'm working with another friend right now to try and drum up some interest.

Gardenia said...

what a beautiful picture of your husband and son. such symbolism in that photo! Happy St. Therese Day to you. I love that statue. and yes, the Autumn glow begins!!!

Mom2Seven said...

Such a celebration! That is an awesome picture of your husband and son!

I see you've "met" my friend, Tracy... she has an awesome blog, doesn't she?!

+JMJ+

Allison said...

Dawn - we have some awesome moms in our group who have been doing this since our beginning 5 years ago. I guess it helps that Rachel Watkins is close by and an inspiration and then we're all devotees of Jessica's Shower of Roses blog! Good luck with your group!

Thanks Gardenia, I think my men feel most "manly" on that altar.

Mom2Seven - Tracy's blog amazes me. She's put so much into it. Inspiring! An awesome blog indeed!

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.