First Holy Communion - Quotes & Prayer

First Holy Communion season is upon us!

What a milestone of JOY!

As I anticipate this important Sacrament for my god-daughter this Sunday in Virginia, I am reminded of my daughter's day a few years earlier....



This IS the Body, Blood, Soul & Divinity of Our Lord, 
Jesus Christ.




Come to Jesus...and LIVE. (First Holy Communion music video)




Watching an excited and pure soul come to their Eucharistic Lord always brings me to tears.




And I pray for my God-Daughter and all the children in this season and seasons to come...you are the future of the Church. KNOW and LOVE the BLESSED SACRAMENT.


Prayer at a Child's First Communion

Lord Jesus Christ, in the Sacrament of the Eucharist You left us the outstanding manifestation of your limitless love for us.
Thank You for giving our child the opportunity to experience this love in receiving the Sacrament for the first time.
May your Eucharist presence keep him/her ever free from sin, fortified in faith,
pervaded by love for God and neighbor, and fruitful in virtue, 
that he/she may continue to receive You throughout life 
and attain final union with You at death. 
Amen.


9 comments:

Nancy Shuman said...

How beautiful, all of it!

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, this was beautiful! You got such beautiful shots of your lovely daughter!! We have one making hers May 18th...love that prayer at the end, thank you so much!

Billie Jo said...

Agree!
This was beautiful...both in words as well as pictures.
I always enjoy visiting here! : )

Sweetness and Light said...

So beautiful, God Bless your sweet girl!! xxoo

Mom2Seven said...

Beautiful, indeed! So happy when you post. Wishing you a fruitful Lent. +JMJ+

Sarah said...

Beautiful post, pictures and quotes! I also am moved to tears when I watch "an excited and pure soul" (love how you put that) receive the Eucharistic Lord for the first time. I didn't expect that response, but I have had it for my 3 oldest, and I'm sure I'll have it for my 3 youngest!

Patty said...

Oh Alison! I love this :) The pictures, words, prayers, all so beautiful! Congratulations on your daughter's first holy communion!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your little girl's Holy Communion. It's so neat to see kids receiving Jesus! BTW, may I know what software are you using in your pictures? I really love the watercolor effect... pls email me at ladycarmelcole(at)gmail(dot)com.

Anonymous said...

so cute

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.