Was It Worth It?


Thanking The Catholic Lifeguard....

WAS IT WORTH IT?

Understand the purpose of your life.

C.S. Lewis once said that “Christianity, if false, is of no importance; and if true, of infinite importance. The one thing it cannot be is moderately important.”

So, away with “moderate” love for the gospel;

away with “moderate” love for Jesus Christ.

Time is too limited, too valuable, too important. At the end of every day we need to ask ourselves this simple question: I have paid one day of my life to do what I did today. WAS IT WORTH IT?

At the end of Good Friday, Jesus Christ could say “yes.”


How will we answer today?

— Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post - a needed reminder today (maybe all days?).

~Peace,
LuAnne

Anonymous said...

Allison...I printing this one out and putting it on every child's dresser to use as a bookmark (my three olders). Thanks for posting.~Theresa

Wendy in VA said...

Excellent post, Allison. Thank you!

Gardenia said...

wow, thanks for this post, Allison. Like Carmelite Mom I'm printing this off -- and taping it to my mirror!

Gardenia said...

oh Allison, thanks for commenting on my new blog layout. Yes, I did it myself with blogger, the Simple template. easy peasy.

From The Pews said...

Wow...

Thank You.

This is Precisely what I needed today...
Now...
To Follow Through...

Bless You and again, Thank You ♥

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.