Praying A.C.T.S. with Images from Mass

On Pentacost Sunday, our parish had it's 2nd Confirmations in the Extraordinary Form. Without a child being confirmed this time, I was freer to take photos from the choir loft.  In editing the images, I found myself praying over them.


Pentacost scripture can be found in The Acts of The Apostles, chapter 2  and A.C.T.S. is also a form of  praying.

A - Adoration
C - Contrition
T - Thanksgiving
S - Supplication

[1] And when the days of the Pentecost were accomplished, they were all together in one place: [2]And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a mighty wind coming, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared to them parted tongues as it were of fire, and it sat upon every one of them: [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they began to speak with divers tongues, according as the Holy Ghost gave them to speak. [5] Now there were dwelling at Jerusalem, Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Elevation - Consecration
In Adoration   of Our Lord, made present on the altar during this beautiful Mass.  My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not  love You.



In Contrition,   may my prayers lift to You, Lord in the smoke of the incense. Forgive me for the times I have failed to love you as I ought...to put You first. O Lord, You know how many and how great are my failings. You know how often I sin, from day to day, from hour to hour, in what I do, and in what I fail to do. O Lord my God, I resolve no more to provoke You, and to desire nothing more than You, for You are alone truly lovable. If I should offend You again, please grant me the strength to find favor anew in Your eyes and to lead a life more pleasing to You. Amen.


In Thanksgiving,   I thank you for you for the gifts of the Holy Spirit on Pentacost, Your remaining with us in the Eucharist and for the vocation of the Priesthood, that brings You to us. Lord, bless your priests and seminarians.


In Supplication,   I pray for vocations.....
Vocations

 ...and for those about to be ordained...

...and for Your Confirmands, may they be courageous Soldiers for Christ!

AMEN.
Happy Birthday, Catholic Church

2 comments:

Steve said...

Beautiful pictures from a beautiful occassion. Congratulations to the Confirmandi and their families! The beauty and solemnity of the older form really adds to the proceedings.

Christina said...

Thank you, Allison, for this amazing post. We have a blessed community here!

My husband and I were pulled away at the beginning of Mass by a diaper 'crisis', and felt a bit disconnected from the moment having to watch the Confirmation ceremony from the back of church. But the way you articulate the beauty and solemnity of the day allows for me to be present again and again at my second oldest son's transformation into a soldier of Christ. Thank you for summing up this lovely day with gorgeous photos and inspiring words to reflect on! It is a gift to all of us.

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.