My Father Shares His Opinion of CNN

9:01 PM

My father is a retired attorney. Now, he likes to write. He gets published for writing about local politics, about race horses, and he teaches some adjunct classes at a local university. His opinions and words are usually colorful, from years of crafting them for the courtroom. I thought I'd share something he recently sent me. I hope he'll take up blogging....

I can't seem to lose my addiction to the law. A good addiction I think...I have another very bad addiction.

Just to annoy myself, I occasionally watch CNN. It's the masochistic side of my otherwise sunny personality.

The recent Arizona decision was reported on CNN this way…
CIVIL RIGHTS GROUPS ARE SERIOUSLY WORRIED ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT'S RECENT RULING IN THE ARIZONA MATTER AND SAY THAT IT MAY LEAD TO ILLEGAL PROFILING OF NATURALIZED CITIZENS OF HISPANIC ORIGIN AND OTHER FOREIGN BORN AMERICANS.

WOW. WHAT A WAY TO REPORT A STORY.

Lacking even routine professionalism, they choose to report the "negative reaction of the ACLU" rather than report what happened. This is like reporting the negative reaction of Ohio state football fans to a loss at the hands of the Michigan team at Ann Arbor. Wouldn't you expect them to report the score first?  Then, after we know what the score is, you can tell us how badly the losers are reacting to the loss! But CNN lives by its own opaque rules. Well, let me do for you… what CNN refuses to do…TELL YOU THE  SCORE .

Arizona : 8. Obama:  0  !!!!


That's  8-- count them 8  justices of the Supreme Court affirmed Arizona's Constitutional right to use its own police power authority to conduct investigations, based upon REASONABLE  CAUSE, of the citizenship of anyone whom they stop or detain for a lawful purpose. Now, let's go back to the numbers.

8 - Repeat after me  -  8. Elena Kagan recused herself because she was in the Obama administration  when these policies were adopted to challenge Arizona. Not one single Judge voted for Obama. Not Sonya Sotomayor, Obama's Latino appointment. Not Steven Breier, Bill Clinton's old liberal appointment. Not the "left of left" RUTHIE  GINSBURG . Even old "ACLU Ruthie"  voted against Obama. It was a clear BLOW OUT in favor of Arizona.

So how does CNN report the story that civil rights groups are worried. Why are they worried ?? Because they think every cop in Arizona is a flaming bigot? 

You have no capability of getting the "NEWS" reported to you on CNN.

They are hopelessly jaded to the point where they are professionally incapable of reporting anything other than their own biased opinions.

He could have a blog, right?? 

9 comments:

Tabatha said...

I'd follow him!

Laura said...

I would definitely read his blog!!

Gardenia said...

Oh, I do like your dad. absolutely, he could ((should)) have a blog. tell him so, Allison!!

Kelly said...

Loved this, Allison! I think he'd make a terrific blogger.
Thanks for sharing.

Patty said...

Make that one more follower! :)

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Your dad should definitely have a blog! Watch out Glenn Beck...you have competition!!! And one more follower for your dad :)

Unknown said...

Spot on! I would definitely read it, plus I love the reference to OSU vs U of M :)

Mom2Seven said...

That's why I only watch FOX! Your dad is great! +JMJ+

Kathy said...

I would read his blog!!

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.