Five Catholic Devotions Meme
As I've noted that the meme has really made it's way around I won't tag anyone specifically ...but if you're reading this and haven't participated and want to...TAG!
Here's a devotion I start my day with...prayers to +JMJ+
#1 ~ Morning Offering
O Jesus, my God, infinitely deserving of love, I love you above all things. Through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Heart of my Mother, Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Our Lady of Mount Carmel, I offer to you all the actions of this day. Accept every beat of my heart as a fervent prayer, as an act of perfect love: for your sole honor, for the conversion of sinners, for the perseverance of the just, for the deliverance of the holy souls, for the sanctification of our benefactors, and for all who have asked for our prayers and for whom we have a special obligation to pray; also for the propagation of all holy works, and for deliverance from all evil. I offer the indulgences I receive today for the holy souls in Purgatory, especially those for whom I should pray and for those souls who are forgotten. Amen. Our Lady Queen of Peace, pray for us. Mother of Divine Grace, pray for us. St. Joseph, pray for us. Dear Saints attached and beloved by us, pray for us. Dearest Guardian Angels, keep us safe today in God's love and Mercy.
I also pray a special prayer daily to St. Joseph for those who have asked me to pray for them.
Memotome.com is a daily email that I have scheduled to send me this and other prayers, like...
#2 ~ The Noon Angelus
This devotion has been one that we've grown to love. We need that pause in the middle of our day to reconnect to Our Lord and Lady. http://totustuusfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/noon-angelus.html
#3 ~ The Most Holy Rosary of The Blessed Virgin Mary
What prayer is more highly recommended by our Church? I love when each member of our family takes a decade as we pray the life of Christ.
#4 - Wearing the Scapular
In dedication to Our Lady of Fatima, we are devoted to praying the rosary AND wearing the Scapular as she recommended. (We also wear the Miraculous Medal)
I have many posts on this devotion. http://totustuusfamily.blogspot.com/search?q=scapular
#5 ~ First Fridays in Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
For our last 4 years of homeschooling we have honored this devotion to make 10 First Fridays in reparation to The Sacred Heart of Our Lord. We have read about the promises and the need and have embraced this devotion.
Especially in this time, reparation is needed. We do soo little to mortify ourselves or realize the slights against Him. (I believe in First Saturdays to repair the Immaculate Heart of Mary as well)
~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~
So that's 5 but I want to also share what else we are attached to.
* It is our habit to bless ourselves when passing a Catholic Church as Christ is truly present there in the tabernacle and why would we pass Our King without bowing to Him?
* When we worry about someone, we send our guardian angels to them.
* We pray for indulgences.
* We pick a saint to guide us every year. http://totustuusfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/your-saint-for-2010-inspiring-companion.html
* We have holy water fonts in our house and make sure to bless ourselves often, especially before bed and when asking Our Lord to forgive us.
* We try not to eat meat on any Friday. Catholic teaching hasn't changed on Fridays being a penitential day. It is still the practice and canon law to not eat meat or make some other sacrifice on the day Our Lord died.