If The World Hates You....

Often, when I feel miserable about the state of the world, it helps to remember that God permits it.

And all His plans work out for good.

Today I must remember the ugliness of the Crucifixion, which He allowed and what He brought out of it...Redemption!

I must also remember to pray and pray for those who, undoubtedly, have more worries than my own. Can you imagine how the evil one must seek to rob the Holy Father of his peace?

Send the Holy Father an email, let him know of your support.

Pope Benedict does have a public email address: benedictxvi@vatican.va




A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly recite any duly approved prayer for the Supreme Pontiff (e.g., the Oremus pro Pontifice):

V. Let us pray for our Pontiff, Pope Benedict.

R. May the Lord preserve him, and give him life, and bless him upon earth, and deliver him not to the will of his enemies.

Our Father. Hail Mary.

Let us pray.

O God, Shepherd and Ruler of all Thy faithful people, look mercifully upon Thy servant Benedict, whom Thou hast chosen as shepherd to preside over Thy Church. Grant him, we beseech Thee, that by his word and example, he may edify those over whom he hath charge, so that together with the flock committed to him, may he attain everlasting life. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

3 comments:

Gardenia said...

praying now for our Pope Benedict XVI.

Sarah said...

Just wonderful, JMJ! Thank you for this reminder ... and this opportunity to show our support for our papa!

PattyinCT said...

I had the honor of being a delegate for my Parish at the Pope's Mass in NYC. It was beautiful. While I felt that JPII radiated joy, this Holy Pontiff radiates peace. I just felt this overwhelming sense of peace throughout his entire Mass. And for this gift he has given me, I will give him the gift of prayers on his behalf in return:)

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.