Favorite Films on Fridays ~ Grand Canyon
It's on my list.
Grand Canyon is one of my favorite movies.
Why? Well, Lawrence Kasdan is talented. Besides this movie, he has made many others I liked. This one, like the others, has a cast of great actors and also themes I find appealing.
The movie's themes, as I see them are:
* Life is precarious AND precious
* Be aware of the Ominous at work and of miracles (favorite line clocks in around 1:38)
* Destiny - we're interconnected (probably why I like LOST too)
* God works through people in our lives
* Coincidences? (I only believe in God-incidences)
* the effects of good deeds
* even when we are in situations we wish we weren't in, there IS a plan and a reason
* Who is in control? Are we?
* What to do with 2nd chances...redemption!
* lives saved...awakenings
It all comes full circle in this movie...and I find it hard to forget.