Collateral Beauty

7:00 AM
It's not the first time I've appreciated a movie that critics have panned. Just cried my way through the metaphors and mourning in Collateral Beauty.

Although it can be understood as a movie about Love, Time & Death encircling a family theme, my daughter still wondered what the words "Collateral Beauty" meant. So, I had the opportunity to tell her that I believe it is the beauty that is left behind with grief.

As an example, I reminded her that the crucifixion was not beautiful, but ugly. Yet the collateral beauty is what comes from it, the beauty of the Resurrection.



When someone dies it is so sad. But later, we notice the collateral beauty in loving memories of them, in the way their life touched other lives, in the gift of the life they led and its legacy...

That's what I saw and how it affected me. Death makes us value life all the more. We notice, like Love proclaims, that she is there in the laughter and in the pain.
We’re here to connect. Love, time, death. Now these three things connect every single human being on earth. We long for love, we wish we had more time, and we fear death.

No comments:

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.