IHM Conference Notes - Fr. Shannon Collins - Restoration of Christian Civilization
I know that for many of my friends, Fr. Collins is a must-see at the IHM National Homeschool & Parenting Conference. We all look forward to his talks because he speaks so passionately about the Catholic faith and how to reclaim it!
His topic this year was....
Homeschool Families and the Restoration of Christian Civilization
The modern world is in a state of moral decay. The death of the West seems inevitable. But do not lose hope, for Catholic homeschool families are called to be a part of that restoration process prophesized by numerous saints. Through the Blessed Mother’s powerful intercession, especially under the title of Our Lady of Covadonga, an age of peace will come.
Here are my notes... and see LINK for recording.
- You become a slave of whatever you chose to obey
- Mentioned the book, by
- Quoted Pope Paul VI's "....the smoke of Satan has entered the temple of God."
- Camels store water reserves to survive, to replenish. They will collapse and die when that finally runs out. Faith of our fathers running out?
- Catholics born in the 30s, 40s, 50s no longer recognize this country from what it used to be like.
- Restoration often starts in caves - David hid from King Saul in 1st Samuel, there were the Maccabees and the cave of Lourdes and now the homes of Catholic homeschoolers...insulated not isolated from moral pollution.
- It will cost something. It will be an object of attack. These are the times that try men's souls.
- Everybody is on-board with an idea that's easy and unopposed
- Despite what enthusiastic ecclesiastics say, what has been heaven's consistent message? Calls for repentence...Fatima...Akita...chastisements.
- Not here to make us chicken littles, but to warn of new dark age on a formerly Christian world. The Cornerstone has been rejected.
- Turn to Mary who will be particularly powerful over demons in end times.
- Moral values are absolute and timeless.
- Quoted Fr. John Hardon, SJ. as saying that Catholic homeschooling is necessary for survival of the Catholic Church in our country!
Fr. Shannon Michael Collins was born in 1964 and is a native of Cohasset, MA. After undergraduate and graduate work in history and education, he taught in Catholic schools for a number of years. Having completed his seminary training at St. Philip Neri Seminary in Toronto, Ontario, he was ordained to the priesthood on June 10, 2000.
Father has been a very strong proponent of Catholic homeschooling and, over the years, a very popular speaker at numerous Catholic homeschooling conferences across the United States. He has appeared on EWTN and had previously served as chaplain for the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament of Our Lady of the Angels Monastery in Hanceville, Alabama. Father is currently a traditional religious priest under Bishop Roger Foys of Covington, Kentucky.