Sinking Springs Herb Farm


The organizer of my local photography group planned a lovely day for us at Sinking Springs Herb Farm.  We strolled the grounds a bit, taking photos. 
An 18th century provincial plantation house made of logs. See the ancient sycamore tree which sprouted in 1578.
My friend let me borrow her Lensbaby to achieve this effect.

an entrance to the walking trails
a guest house, part of the B&B

On the day of our visit, a wedding tent was being erected. In this barn the wedding party would have it's cocktail party. 

Want to take a spin? 
Then, a lovely ladies luncheon with herb tea and organic foods made with fresh herbs was served.



Back into the barn, to conclude our day, we made arrangements of dried flowers and herbs.


Truly a day of beauty.
Genesis 1:12
The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun Allison. Are you in a season of focusing more on your photography?

Allison said...

Hi friend! Jenny, I am trying to learn more and it is a passion. But I feel like I am not focusing on anything well. I appreciate those moments when it all comes together. Some clarity, some quiet, some calm and these nice ladies provided all that for me. Grateful. A reconnection with an old prayer partner.

Also, moms rarely see fruition on what they are working on and to me that's one reason why photography can be satisfying. The image captured, the image "touched" and then something done, to behold. Do you feel that way?

amy said...

Well, how fun was that?!? I'd love to have a little local photog group to be a part of. I'm sure there's one around here... but almost as soon as I find time to join, we up and move. So good to see you enjoying some time creating these fun memories and images.

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.