We Mourn A Family Fairy Tale - The Fourth Baron, Lord Wedgwood

When I first met him, I was just a starstruck teen.

I said, "What shall I call you?"


Lord Wedgwood replied, "Well, there are many names I would prefer you not call me! (Insert warm, melodious, robust, British chortle chuckle)  ...call me Piers."


Our family recently lost a great man, LINK  and a part of our family fairy tale. See http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/25284763-452/weve-lost-quite-a-gentleman-sneed.html
 
I wish I could completely convey what a wonderful, full-of-life man Piers was. Let me try by saying he made you feel like you were the center of his attention, with jovial and thoughtful care.

He was never impressed by his title, he'd play off his english accent by pretending to be the butler when someone telephoned or rang the doorbell.

He worked tirelessly for his namesake and for his charities and loved his wife and daughter. He was an excellent role model of a man. He will be SO MISSED.

And so that my children and family may know and remember him better, I archive here many of the informative videos of his, the Wedgwood legacy.

It is MUCH MORE than mere China.



Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.  
May perpetual light shine upon him....the light of his Lord.

No comments:

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.