1st Field Trip of School Year - Cherry Crest

10:29 PM

We have a tradition of going to THIS adventure farm at the beginning of every school year with our homeschool group. My husband and I look forward to it almost as much as the kids. It's a place of ingenuity and fun.



At every turn, there is something to learn, something to explore, or something creatively designed for our enjoyment.


We've entered a new phase in homeschooling. The older boys, in 10th and 12th grade, have moved into a dynamic where I can be away from them a bit more. They take teleconference classes for a few subjects and while they don't have the flexibility to miss those classes and in this case, join us today, they are able to work independently. That allows us to start field trips again...providing their younger siblings the same fun they had at their ages.

Still, we missed them.


Things change....but the learning and growing continues....




6 comments:

Catholicfitmom said...

Oh.. I sure miss that farm and I will so much miss the fall. I couldn't even put out my fall decor due to it being so hot down here and doesn't feel like fall more like a long summer. Missing you all!

Patty said...

LOVE those kinds of field trips!

Allison said...

Were your ears burning? I, more than once, remarked how much I missed seeing you there...your kids jumping with mine...but I had been saying how much I missed seeing you all after Mass. I took for granted how it would make me smile to see your beautiful family walk up for communion and know that we could chat after Mass.

Miss you friend.

John said he skyped and that all is well and we may even see you in November. That would be nice!

God bless you all.

Oiralinde said...

I came over here from Catholic Homeschool group on Facebook. What a lovely blog you have! We love going to Cherry Crest Adventure Farms! We get lost in their maze for hours because none of us have a great sense of direction, lol. We also try to get there at least once per year. It is tradition!

Beth said...

Looks like such a fun outing!!!

Allison said...

Thanks for the comments. I so enjoy hearing from everyone.

Wow, Elyse, so you must be a nearby Catholic homeschooler! Would love to hear more.

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.