Praying Scripture for our Children ~ 4 Books

Praying Scripture is praying God's words... God's promises... back to Him.

As we approach the end of our 6th year of homeschooling, I am encouraging my 4 students to finish strong! And I am doing so today using this verse...

Dear Lord, may ___ be strong and courageous and get to work. May ___ not be frightened by the size of the task, for You, Lord God are with ____; You will not forsake ___. You will see that everything is finished correctly. (1 Chronicles 28:20)
There are times when every parent needs to find a quiet prayer spot to bring to the Lord the needs and worries on their hearts in regards to their children. These are 4 of the books I go to for those prompts and to remind myself of His Word...my need for trust...




A book like this, beside a bed, is a wonderful reminder each night to pray for our children. What are your favorite prayers or resources for praying for your children? Please share them in the comments.

Also, let the children know. In a one-on-one moment, we should tell them we are praying for them and what scripture we are using .... in hopes that the verse will become meaningful to them.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank you for sharing this Allison. I was just looking at Praying the Scriptures for Your Children. I have been praying 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 for my oldest daughter, a teen.

17 For this slight momentary affliction is preparing {her} for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, 18 because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.

I have to believe God is working behind the scenes for His glory.

And I've been praying 2 Corinthians 9:8,10-13 for my husband {a new baby is always overwhelming, physically, financially, emotionally...}

8 And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work. 10 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way for your great generosity, which will produce thanksgiving to God through us; 12 for the rendering of this ministry not only supplies the needs of the saints but also overflows with many thanksgivings to God. 13 Through the testing of this ministry you glorify God by your obedience to the confession of the gospel of Christ and by the generosity of your sharing with them and with all others,

The Academy of the Good Shepherd said...

I've always been blessed by your blog Allison! While I know you have plenty of readers, I want to pass the Liebster Blog Award on to you. There is some information about it here at my blog -
http://academyofthegoodshepherd.blogspot.com/
Blessings!
Becky

Allison said...

Becky, how kind you are! PLEASE forgive me for not getting back to you sooner. I am horrible at following thru on blog awards and memes but I am so happy to read and receive them.

Such a busy time as a school year wraps up and Mom/teachers go into hyper gear for next year prep. Hope you and I find some lazy days of summer, too.

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.