Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, November 21, 2011

Was It Worth It?


Thanking The Catholic Lifeguard....

WAS IT WORTH IT?

Understand the purpose of your life.

C.S. Lewis once said that “Christianity, if false, is of no importance; and if true, of infinite importance. The one thing it cannot be is moderately important.”

So, away with “moderate” love for the gospel;

away with “moderate” love for Jesus Christ.

Time is too limited, too valuable, too important. At the end of every day we need to ask ourselves this simple question: I have paid one day of my life to do what I did today. WAS IT WORTH IT?

At the end of Good Friday, Jesus Christ could say “yes.”


How will we answer today?

— Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

6 comments:

LuAnne said...

Great post - a needed reminder today (maybe all days?).

~Peace,
LuAnne

carmelitemom said...

Allison...I printing this one out and putting it on every child's dresser to use as a bookmark (my three olders). Thanks for posting.~Theresa

Wendy in VA said...

Excellent post, Allison. Thank you!

Gardenia said...

wow, thanks for this post, Allison. Like Carmelite Mom I'm printing this off -- and taping it to my mirror!

Gardenia said...

oh Allison, thanks for commenting on my new blog layout. Yes, I did it myself with blogger, the Simple template. easy peasy.

From The Pews said...

Wow...

Thank You.

This is Precisely what I needed today...
Now...
To Follow Through...

Bless You and again, Thank You ♥