Urgent ! Please Pray Divine Mercy Chaplet at 3pm today for Marc Berquist
Marc Berquist, Laura Berquist's husband has been sick with cancer and an uncontrollable fungus in his lungs. This is a family who has given so much to Catholic education via Mother of Divine Grace and Thomas Aquinas College. My heart breaks for the suffering they are going through.
Today's reports have been sad, suggesting just hours...
In your mercy, would you and your children join us in praying at the hour of mercy?
The Divine Mercy Chaplet is powerful!
How to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for the dying
The Divine Mercy Chaplet was given to a young Polish nun, Sr. Maria Faustina Kowalska, now known as St. Faustina, by Jesus Christ. He taught her how to pray this for the forgiveness of sins. Many people pray this chaplet daily for themselves but are unaware that it can also be applied to the dying. Jesus has promised that when it is prayed for sinners at the point of death, He will grant His Divine Mercy to those souls being interceded for in this way.
You'll need a Rosary.
1. When you are aware of someone being near death, you can interced for them via the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Trust in Jesus' promises to St. Faustina to pour out His ocean of mercy on souls entrusted to Him in this way.
2. Begin by holding the Rosary devoutly in one hand (many people kiss the Crucifix as well). Reverently make the Sign of the Cross with your Rosary: In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
3. Next, pray the Our Father on the first bead, followed by the Hail Mary and Apostles' Creed. It's good to meditate on Jesus' desire to grant His forgiveness to the person who is dying.
4. On the large bead at the beginning of each decade, pray "Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of Thy Dearly Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world."On the small beads (10 per decade) pray "For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."
5. All throughout the chaplet keep the dying person in mind and offer him/her to the Lord. At the end of the final (5th) decade, say, 3 times: "Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world."Release the dying person to Christ and His Divine Mercy, in trust.