Week One of Shore Fun

As is our tradition, we "waved" the car to head out to our annual shore vacation and family reunion. Between 3 houses my parents, siblings and their children and my husband relatives, siblings and their children all converge for sandy beach fun every year. As my sister in law always says, it's like summer Christmas in our joy.

My 2nd son tubing the curl....
My husband bought his own boogie board to surf the waves this year. He's been so happy about it.
Here's a bunch of us all out surfing together. After most people leave the beach around 5pm, it becomes "our beach" and we have the waves to ourselves till it gets dark.

Youngest son riding one in.

Before Hurricane Bill effects, we had some tranquil surf days perfect for tube floating.
This is an annual shot, the pryamid pic, with some of the cousins.

The Littles.
Brothers, grown and young, "catching one" together.


Big and little.





Skim boarding the shallow surf, also known as the "drop-n-flop."
Taken by my 17 yr. old god-daughter, who has a great photographic eye.
With all of us there, from all differenet parts of the country, it was the perfect opportunity to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism for our newest family member!
Pics from week 2 being taken, stay tuned....

8 comments:

Christine said...

Glad to see safe surfing was to be had. Those waves can be so dangerous sometimes.

Good to have you back! Kids looked like they really enjoyed themselves.


Sweet pictures.

Jenny said...

I love the picture titled "The Littles". That's a keeper! And the 3 pictures of your boy with his board, very nice. Looks like ya'll had a great time! My kids would love, love, love, to go to a beach someday.

Sarah - Kala said...

I really really really like the big bro carrying little sis. Very sweet!!!
Those waves look great! My youngest can't wait to go back to the beach and boogie board some more. I think he may be starting a collection. I'm buying him another boogie board next payday. Uff. Well, it's cos dad keeps using his and making him use the cheapo one. :)
Again these are some really fanstastic pictures!!
In winter months, the waves at North Shore are HUGE. I have never seen them, but we're going to go up and LOOK and picture take only. That's a few months from now, but I am prepared to be impressed.
God bless!

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a fabulous vacation! The pics are wonderful!

regan said...

great beach pictures allison! those waves are just so awesome!
i have certainly had a love affair with the beach this summer.
tomorrow we will be heading back...
i could do without all the wet and dirty clothes though.....

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

It looks like so much fun! I would be paranoid about sharks :)

Nadja said...

Wonderful photos! Your kids are so gorgeous!

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

What an awesome time! Waves are something we never get here in the Keys.

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.