OREO biscotti

8:29 AM
Easy and tasty biscotti!

Ingredients for 28 cookies
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
2 ounces semisweet chocolate or white chocolate, melted

Directions
1 - Beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
2 - Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
3 - Fold in chopped cookies.
4 - Divide mixture in half.
5 - With floured hands, shape each half into a 9x3-inch loaf on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
6 - Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean.
7 - Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes.
8 - Cut each loaf diagonally into 15 (1/2-inch thick) slices.
9 - Place slices, cut side up, on same baking sheet.
10 - Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more on each side or until lightly toasted.
11 - Drizzle tops with melted chocolate.

6 comments:

Nope said...

Yum,with all my pregnancy problems, lack of appetite and the inability to keep anything down that sound really good. I won't be able to stop thinking about it all day long...funny as i am typing the baby kicked !!!! God bless you!!!

Jamie Jo said...

MMMMmmmmm. I've never made Biscotti,mostly because usually there's no chocolate, I might have to try this one!!

Yes, I'm back. I did have good intentions of totally quitting, but you know I never deleted my blog, so, the temptation was there. I DO like it so much. Now, I just have to balance it and all will be fine. I didn't tell anyone, because, well, people might not want to read anymore!

PS I like your coffee mug in your picture, cute!

Wendy in VA said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My father loves Oreos, and my mother loves biscotti -- this is perfect!

Mrs. L said...

I will be trying this recipe:) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy :)

Laura O in AK said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I also love your family photo mug! Maybe there will be some baking in my near future....

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.