Autumn passes quickly, let's slow it down - A month of photos & posts

Would you like to join me, throughout Autumn, in posting photos of the Fall?


We can call it AUTUMN PASSES QUICKLY posts and include this image below. Let me know if you're joining in and I'll put your blog on my sidebar.



In walking around the house yesterday, before I assumed my role of cafeteria lady in the homeschool cafe, I took some photographs and a moment to enjoy nature.

Is this the "last rose of summer?"
I saw 2 other buds, so maybe not. (Incidently, this sole rose first bloomed on the feast of St. Therese!)

It is a sure sign of fall that I also have my very first pumpkin! Little, but cute!

Last year after the Autumn holidays and before Christmas I put all my pumpkins and gourds on the sunny side of the house. They decomposed and their seeds obviously germinated! Well, at least this one...
And, the leaves are changing....


O, how I love fall!


"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."- Albert Camus

"Summer is already better, but the best is autumn. It is mature, reasonable and serious, it glows moderately and not frivolously ... It cools down, clears up, makes you reasonable ..." ~ Valentin

7 comments:

Tabatha said...

I would love to do this with you as fall is my favorite season. However, down here in SE Georgia we're still in the 80s so no changing leaves as of yet. There isn't much of a changing of seasons down here. At least not like I'm use to from up north:) Enjoy it and I'll enjoy reading your posts and looking at those beautiful pictures!

Catholicfitmom said...

I love Fall... growing up in South Florida you just don't get this beautiful Change.. Its my favorite! I will love to do this with ya!

I am so happy that I am having a Fall Baby! :)

Allison said...

Great! Renee from Go East will be joining us as well.

Tabitha - add whatever fall in Georgia is like. :) It'll be a great perspective.

Cecilia - I'm hoping your fall is full of lots of baby pics!

Should be fun, thanks friends!

Sister Mary Martha said...

Our cafeteria lady always sticks her tongue out while she's dishing up the plates.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos. I love fall too. We went to a pumpkin patch this weekend.
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

I posted several free audiobooks for homeschoolers would like at
http://www.heartofwisdom.comblog

Allison said...

Wow, Sister Mary Martha! You're a bit of a celebrity...thanks so much for stopping by!

Michele said...

honestly, i don't want autumn to pass quickly. its my favorite time of the year. no bugs, no heat, no nasty drivers because the heat gets to them in traffic jams, quieter neighborhood, etc. but for posting photos, well, iam not much at crafts. so i will just wish everyone a happy autumn, and to my fellow canadians, happy thanksgiving!

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.