Out of the mouths of babes

8:33 AM
We appreciate talented singers in our family and we watch American Idol. There, I've said it.


It's influence may be too pervasive.


Two recent comments from my 3 year old daughter expose this....


When I make the lunch fruit smoothies, after tasting hers she likes to exclaim...."This smoovie is going to Hollywood!"


Then, yesterday when we were cleaning the basement, she was singing into her toy microphone stand in the most dramatic of ways...."Dirt, dirt, dirt, the basement has dirt." Suddenly, she started that pre-cry whining. (OK... the basement was a mess!)


Distractedly, I asked her what was wrong. "Oh nooooo!" she cried. "I've forgotten the words to my song....I'm going to get VOTED OFF!"
I tried to be as nice as Paula.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, that is hysterical!!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

LOL! We're right there with you. We watch a handful of TV shows and this is one of our fav's.

Anonymous said...

Our gulity t.v. show is Dancing with the Stars. My 3yr. Hannah tries to copy all the moves. Your daughter looks adorable by the way! Thanks for stoping by on my blog the other day! It is nice to get comments from others some times. Keep on promoting the Latin Mass!
Cheryl

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.