A Saint for 2008

For the 4th year, we have picked a Saint to guide each of us through the year. (They say the saint actually picks you!) You can print your own list and make a basket from the 2008 saint companion list here . Or, I would be happy to pray for God to guide my hand and email you the Saint meant to be with you! Just comment with your email and I wont post it, I'll just send you your info.

This tradition has been a wonderful experience for my family, furthering our love for the saints. Our #3 son, age 6 has been pestering us since January 1st to make the basket for his new saint! During the year we will learn about our saint and take to heart our prayer intention for the year.


My husband chose St. Catherine of Sienna and to pray for holy women in all states of life. This is interesting because his saint last year, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, had him praying for an increase in women religious. St. Catherine of Sienna is the church across from his office and the saint our eldest son had last year. She is definetely staying close to our family.


I have a love for St. Anne and was thrilled to see her name in my hands! She has had a special place in my heart. The prayer attached to her is to pray for healing within families.


Firstborn, eldest son chose St. Stephen, first martyr and he's to pray for the gift of profound holiness!


#2 son chose St. Francis Of Assisi and to pray for hearts to find joy. This son has a special devotion to St. Anthony who was under St. Francis and also a love for animals! Padre Pio who he has also picked before was a Franciscan.


#3 son chose Saint Pius V and to pray for increasing victories for the church through Our Lady's Rosary! Great prayer! Talk about a traditional saint! This is the Quo Primum bull Pope who codified that Latin Mass!


Darling daughter, age 3 chose St. Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist and to pray that all mothers would love Mary and have great faith in her son, Jesus. Amen!


And for this blog, this year's saint is Saint Gertrude with the prayer for priests who are tempted to forsake Christ! Certainly, for this I will pray and ask those who visit to do so as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did the same thing this year! I've got St. Teresa Benedicta, and the kids have St. Therese of Lisieux and St. Juan Diego. We do this every year, and it is truly a wonderful way to learn and pray.

Anonymous said...

I used to get an assigned Saint and Virtue to practice during the year from a group I used to be active with. I missed it, because everyone of them ended up being pertinent to something that happened that year. I look forward to checking this site out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am really struggling to overcome whatever it is in me that holds me back from making progress in various areas of my life. It's been on my heart to learn about and practice fasting and prayer, and this effort, too seems thwarted. Would you pray for me and email me a suggestion for my 2008 saint companion? I appreciate your blog. Jeannine: jms1971@adelphia.net

Marti Haslauer said...

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for this ministry. Would you please allow a Saint to be chosen for me personally and for my family.

Many Blessings,
Marti Haslauer
marti.haslauer@sbcglobal.net Mother of Cara 21, Ryan 19, Luke 8, Noah, 7, Anna 4 and Paul 1.

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.