Dearly departed

8:21 PM


A day to remember our dead and pray for them....

For my Grandmother Vera who painted this picture, she loved her Catholic faith. Nana would tell us stories made up about us and we were always the heroes standing for goodness.

For my Grandfather, Salvador who lived charity to others. Just one of the stories that illuminate his goodness was how he'd wake up early Christmas morning and deliver heating oil to the poor, filling up their tanks for free.

For my Grandmother-in-law, Ester who quietly suffered and served her family with devotion.

For my Uncle Ed who told of a vision he had of The Virgin Mary and whose smile shone the light of Christ.

For my friend Tony, who died of AIDS but came back to the Catholic Church.

For my Aunty Vera who told of her rosary turning gold who was also an image of faith to me.

For so many that I did not know and those I did, all of whom I pray for....

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and may the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.